- Introduction and welcome – Peta Wolpe, moderator
- Introduction of the CoM SSA project – Felice Zaccheo, DG DEVCO, European Commission
- Sub-Saharan Africa context: key challenges, opportunities and statistics – Secou Sarr, ENDA – CoM SSA
- Lessons learnt from the CoM SSA project inception – Muriel Desgeorges & Peta Wolpe, CoM SSA
- Introduction to the CoM SSA guidebook: main elements of a sustainable energy access climate action plan (SEACAP) – Jean-Françcois Dallemand & Irene Pinedo, Joint Research Centre
- Common Reporting Framework – Elise Abbes, Global Covenant of Mayors
Sharing of experience
- Rokhaya Sarr (Dakar, Senegal): a brief overview of their city, the challenges they face. They will describe why they are developing SEACAPS and where they are in the process and what difficulties they have faced.
- Q & A
The key ingredients of SEACAP: world café
Break into either small group discussion/world cafe – give three key questions for discussion based on SEACAP process and how to integrate the three pillars at each step of the process, according to the SSA context: initiation Phase / pre-assessment / Development of the local action plan / Implementation / Monitoring and evaluation
Plenary feedback and conclusions
The plenary feedback will be undertaken in the form of a panel discussion. A panel of experts to discuss their views on the 3 pillars, the key elements in the elaboration of a SEACAP and the specificities of the SSA context.
- Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago, Mayor of Kampala
- Secou Sarr, ENDA – CoM SSA
- Naguib Amin, Clima-Med
- Expert from CoM EU
The floor will be open for discussion and feedback from the small group work.